T28 Plans

D

DSMunknown

Well, now I'm just waiting on the shipment of my used FP T28. Guess I'll be buying the upgraded actuator as well. I'm going to hate myself when I install this thing and can't turn up the boost due to OEM injectors. :mad: Or lack of DSMLink. :mad: I'm guessing this thing will pull harder in higher RPMs, which makes me think the injectors are going to be unnecessarily pushed to their limits. I hope this is not the case and I can keep the boost levels down until the funds come along.

I'm also wondering if it's even worth it to upgrade to an unported Evo III EM. I bought one of those sealing rings from RRE a while back. I matched it up to a used T25 I have lying around. Wow, Tiny Tim really is petite. I would really have to port the turbine housing to make the ring fit, which I'm not going to do. I wonder how bad the exhaust gases would slam into part of the turbine housing if I did try and mate up the EM with the little T28. I wonder if the E3 EM flange would even mate up properly to this turbine housing flange. I guess I'll have to ask around.

I did see one some infomercial :)rolleyes:) about a tool that easily takes out broken studs. I'll have to keep looking for the link. I thought I would remember it, but I guess not. I'm reluctant to swap in-and-out exhaust manifolds because of the extreme likelihood of breaking off exhaust studs. :coy: If I can find the link, I'll post up a new thread and see what others think about the product. It had to do with some revolutionary drill bits. Stupid brain.

I'm also trying to work through the PCV issue that Jim started/ended with. I may have a solution in place. We'll see.

I'll keep all you bitches informed.

D

DSMunknown

So it doesn't look like I'll be getting my used T28 turbo that I legitimately paid for. :mad: (Read one of my other blogs entitled "Scammed and PO'd".) So I guess I'll go over to G-Pop Shop and purchase one there. Unbelieveable. And you think you can trust people. :notgood:

D

diablos991

I am still running my gpopshop t28. I am still impressed with this turbocharger.

Also, I have yet to order my evo550cc injectors and a keydriver chip, so I have been running it on close to stock levels. I bust out the good old logger every couple of months when there is a drastic weather change just to make sure that I am not placing any unnecessary wear on my vehicle.

I still would whole heartedly recommend Gpopshop to anybody interested in a well priced t-28 turbocharger.

D

DSMunknown

Shawn, you are the only well-known member who I know that waves your T28 flag proudly. I'll have to PM you about the details of your setup. BTW, you're the only person that came to mind when deciding to upgrade to the T28. :cool:

I tried ordering a friggin' turbo today from them, but for some reason their computer/server would not process my information. I gave them a call. Someone named Jeremy tried to help me out. He saw that I was trying to order this, and told me he would get back with me. A couple hours later, he did. He had called around, an said everything regarding my account number seemed to check out okay.

Anyways, I told him I would try again in a couple days or so. Weird. It's a debit card. I've never had a problem before. I'll figure it out.

I was going to order the T28 with all the goodies: porting and polishing of the turbine-side housing, compressor-side housing polish. For whatever reason, I don't like porting. I'll say that again. I don't like porting. There is just something about the idea of porting that unsettles me. If there is ever a chance to not port this thing or that thing, I wouldn't. I think I get it from ShapeGSX. :D So I guess I'm taking a bit of a mental risk here. :rolleyes: Even though the process of porting (when done correctly) has still been proven time and time again, I like unported things. :coy: What do the CT guys/gals call it again? "Unmolested."

I'm also very surprised G-Pop Shop does not sell the upgraded actuator (like FP does). I was also about to purchase that from FP today, but since the turbo order didn't go through, I guess I can wait on ordering the actuator too. :boring: Conversely, FP doesn't have an option of polishing the compressor-side housing. Hmmm.

Before I purchase this thing, I guess I should ask them what the dimensions of the turbine housing are before and after porting. I want to see just how well it will mate up to my unported Evo III O2 housing. If I do go with the ported option for the turbo, I probably will have to port my own O2 housing.

BTW, I'm wondering if this gasket will work on a ported turbine housing. I don't want it to get in the way of the port job. I bought and have two of them (just in case) from that same trusted vendor. I also purchased this return line, because it's a good idea to replace it. I'm wondering if I should just replace my oil feed line as well. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. And it goes without saying I also picked up a new eye bolt and a set of manifold-to-turbo bolts. No need to risk anything just yet.